What should you not do after microdermabrasion?
Don’t use any other exfoliating products for about three days after your appointment. You should avoid touching, rubbing, or picking your skin, which can slow the healing process. Finally, don’t use products with glycolic acid, retinol, benzoyl peroxide, or topical acne treatments for 24-48 hours.
What should I put on my face after microdermabrasion?
Clean your face straight after the treatment using a wet cloth and rehydrating toner to remove any dead skin cells left behind. Use a rich moisturizer once you have thoroughly dried the skin. Continue to use it for 4-6 days after your treatment as this will prevent any excessive peeling.
What should I do before and after microdermabrasion?
Pre and Post Microdermabrasion Instructions. Pre – Microdermabrasion Instructions: Do not use Retin-A or other exfoliating creams 24 to 72 hours (1 to 3 days) prior to your treatment. Avoid sun tanning or tanning creams/sprays for at least a week before treatment.
Can microdermabrasion go wrong?
Some patients, especially those with darker skin tones, may notice some temporary pigment changes or skin discoloration following microdermabrasion. There may also be some hyperpigmentation, or patches of darker skin, after the procedure.
How do I prepare my face for microdermabrasion?
- Book a consultation. …
- Discontinue any exfoliation (manual or chemical) at least 3-5 days prior to your service. …
- Avoid direct sun exposure at least one week prior to your service. …
- Discontinue use of NSAIDS one week prior to treatment. …
- Do not schedule botox or filler prior to microdermabrasion.
How long do the effects of microdermabrasion last?
The results from this exfoliating treatment can last for about one month at a time, or sometimes longer if your skin condition is good.
What should I know before microdermabrasion facial?
How to Prepare for Microdermabrasion
- Your skin should be product-free. The skin being treated should be free of makeup and creams. …
- Avoid sunburns. Avoid prolonged sun exposure for several days to a week before your session. …
- Don’t wax or shave. …
- Avoid other procedures. …
- Don’t smoke.
What does your skin look like after microdermabrasion?
After microdermabrasion, your skin will be pink and feel dry and tight (like sunburn or windburn) for about 24 hours. Use moisturizer and broad spectrum sunscreen. Some types of makeup should not be applied for at least 24 hours after the procedure.