So if you follow me on Instagram or YouTube, you will know that I have recently discovered a brilliant product from IT Cosmetics called ‘Bye Bye Redness‘.
Watch my ‘Flawless Foundation Routine‘ featuring ‘Bye Bye Redness‘ here:
Ok, so when I first got it, it admit that i was a little sceptical. My complexion is very blotchy and red as result of teenage acne, and on top of that, i have a very pink undertone to my skin. As you can imagine, my face has a similar hue to a tomato, and i’d never really found any redness neutralising product that blew me away before.
Through the years, i have tried numerous foundations, concealers and powders to cover up my redness. Most of which covered the red, but left my skin looking very thick and textured. (I refrain from using concealers for this very reason.) It seemed almost impossible to find a product that would adequately conceal the redness, without resorting to a thick, paste like texture.
Then i chanced upon IT Cosmetics ‘Bye Bye Redness‘. As i opened the little jar, the first thing that hit me was how dark the cream looked. I wilted a little inside as i assumed that i’d wasted my money, and that the product would be way too dark for my pale, pink skin. How wrong i was! I took a little cream from the jar, and blended it into the skin on my hand. It melted into my skin, and in front of my eyes, disappeared! All that was left was a nice, natural skin colour – MINUS THE RED! Needless to say, i ran squealing to the mirror and applied it to my face. Again – the same result. Clear, even looking skin – minus the red! From that moment i was sold.
Fast forward to present day, and i now wear Bye Bye Redness instead of foundation most days. Ok, now onto the specifics!
– Covers redness like a charm!
– Medium / High coverage
– A little goes a LONG way. If you apply too much, oh boy will you know! (So don’t.) The key is to apply very, very small amount at a time. Blend it out, and then move onto the next patch of skin.
– Blends into the skin incredibly easily.
– Dries to a satin / matte finish. Perfect for oily skins.
– Is infused with peptides, collagen, colloidal oatmeal, hyaluronic acid, aloe and avocado.
– Can be worn alone (as i do on a day to day basis) or underneath foundation for a full coverage complexion.
– NOT CAKEY! For the amount of coverage you get, this little beauty has quite a thin, smooth texture.
– MINIMISES THE APPEARANCE OF PORES!!! This is one thing i noticed and was incredibly happy about! As you guys may know, i have gigantic pores on my face, especially my nose. A lot of my foundation and powders require a special technique to hide them (as I demonstrate in this video here: https://youtu.be/1JeCkt1xtuY ) however the Bye Bye Redness creme doesn’t! Something about the formula glides over pores, and hides them in the process! Woo!
– Feels light and hydrating on the skin! Doesn’t give you that ‘heavy’ feeling.
– Cruelty Free! 😀
– Comes in a jar. I would prefer it in a little pump bottle, as this would be a more sanitary option (no digging brushes or fingers into the pot of cream).
– Has a satin / matte finish – not dewy. I personally don’t actually think that is a con whatsoever, however if you have dry skin, you may think so. If you do have a drier skin type, simply moistures your skin well (and let it absorb) before applying, and you’ll have no issues!
– Only comes in one colour. This colour is fine for me, which i was surprised about – however if you are much darker, or much paler skinned than me you may have an issue with it. I think that if IT Cosmetics could bring out an extra pale, and an extra dark colour in Bye Bye Redness – it’d be perfect.
PRODUCTS THAT WORK WELL WITH IT?
I use the Truth Serum, and Sheer Transformation Moisturiser from the Ole Henriksen 3 Little Wonders Skincare Routine (http://bit.ly/1J5MRdu) before i apply my Bye Bye Redness cream. I apply the Truth Serum first, give it 1 minute to absorb, and follow it up with the light Sheer Transformation Moisturiser. Once they have both absorbed (about 1 – 2 minutes) i go in with my Bye Bye Redness. The best brushes that i have found to apply it with are:
1: Bdellium Tools 954 Slanted Kabuki Brush – this applies it like a dream! All diffused and invisible on the skin – but minus the redness! This brush is also super gentle on the skin, with no pulling or aggravating dry areas. (no hyper-exfoliation!)
Buy it Here: http://bit.ly/1DLMod6 Bdellium Tools 954 Slanted Kabuki Brush
2: IT Cosmetics 2 in 1 Brush – this little guy is quite handy in that it is double ended. This way you can apply the Bye Bye Redness easily around pokey areas such as the nose and eyes, using the ‘concealer’ end of the brush. For the larger areas of the face you can use the ‘buffing’ end of the brush. This end will also apply the product in a more concentrated fashion that the Bdellium Tools Kabuki, so if you want full coverage right from the get go – then this brush is the one for you.
Buy it Here: http://bit.ly/1OPu5f8 IT Cosmetics 2 in 1 Brush
– I then set it in place with the IT Cosmetics ‘Bye Bye Pores’ Micro Powder. This powder is translucent, so it won’t add any extra coverage or colour. It simply sets the Bye Bye Redness in place, and keeps it there! (whilst absorbing excess oil and shine)
Buy it Here:
(US) IT Cosmetics ‘Bye Bye Pores’ Micro Powder http://bit.ly/1IpGT9e
(AUSTRALIA / INTERNATIONAL) IT Cosmetics ‘Bye Bye Pores’ Micro Powder http://bit.ly/1bgCHeK
WOULD I BUY IT AGAIN?
Yes, absolutely! This little pot is so far lasting very well which, considering i wear it most days, it quite remarkable! I actually have already stocked up and purchased a back up for when this one runs out.
Buy it Here:
(AUS / INT) It Cosmetics Redness Correcting Crème – http://bit.ly/1GJwlTp
(US) It Cosmetics Redness Correcting Crème – http://bit.ly/1G7VkgJ
Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Methicone, Propanediol, Isododecane, Dimethicone, Polysilicone-11, Butylene Glycol, Decyl Glucoside, Lauryl PEG/PPG-18/18 Methicone, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG- 10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Hydrolyzed Silk, Acetyl Octapeptide-3, Dipeptide Diaminobutyroyl Benzylamide Diacetate, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Extract, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Prunus Domestica Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Perfluorodecalin, Niacinamide, Glycerin, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesteryl Nonanoate, Cholesteryl Oleyl Carbonate, Cholesteryl Chloride, Colloidal Oatmeal, Magnolia Acuminata Bark Extract, Chrysanthemum Parthenium (Feverfew) Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Lithospermum Officinale(Gromwell) Extract, Agaricus Bisporus (Mushroom) Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.
Hope you guys found that helpful! Let me know if you have this, or if you’re going to get it!
Love Stephi xx