One of my favourite ever makeup artists (Fyza Ali), did the most amazing black smokey eye on the UK celebrity Helen Flanagan. So i tried to re-create it.
If you wanna check Fyza out, have a look at her Instagram (she’s SO talented!) @soniaxfyza
Ok, lemme get into it:
– First i highlighted the inner corners and under the brow bone. I used MACs ‘Flawless Figure’.
– Then i swept some ‘Wheat’ from Bobbi Brown through my crease as a subtle contour / transition colour.
– Next i jumped straight into darkening the eyes. I used Bobbi Brown’s ‘Rich Caviar’ and applied it directly to the lid with my finger. That way you get much more pigment payoff. I then blended it out using a blending brush, and repeated the process until i got the desired depth of colour.
– On a small, flat shader brush i feathered MAC’s ‘Carbon’ matte black through my top lash line and smoked it out onto the lid.
– Progressing to the lower lash line! With the same small flat shader brush, i applied Bobbi Brown’s ‘Rich Caviar’ directly underneath my lower lashes. I then took a small amount of ‘Wheat’ (also by Bobbi Brown) on a small blending brush and gently blended the two colours together, to give a soft/smokey effect.
– I then took my Estee Lauder black kohl eyeliner and lined the inner rims of my top and bottom lashes. I went right into the inner corner of the eyes aswell.
– I then applied a tiny bit of MAC’s ‘All That Glitters’ underneath the tear duct to give a slight pop of brightness and shimmer.
– Almost done! I coated my top and bottom lashes with Chanel ‘Le Volume’ Mascara in black (the best mascara everrrrr)
– I applied ‘Dolly Cat’ false lashes, but you don’t have to.
– I filled my brows in with Chanel brow pencil in the colour ’30 Natural Brun’.
– Right so for my skin, i used Chanel Perfection Lumiere foundation and set it with Australis Fresh and Flawless pressed powder.
– For my cheek contour i used MAC’s ‘Strada’ blush
– For the rest of my face brazing and contour i used a cheap i got off Ebay 0_o and bronzer you have will do just fine, as long as it fits with your colouring.
– I applied a wee bit of Face of Australia’s ‘Liquid Illuminator’ to the top of my cheek bones and blended it up to my temple.
– I used Elf Cosmetics liner in ‘Natural Blush’ to colour my lips in.
– I applied Motives Cosmetics lippy in ‘Nice’ with a lip brush to get a neat, precise application.
– I used Kit Cosmetics gloss over the top, however it doesn’t have a name. -_- but it was the pale pink colour…
And that’s the look finished! I paired this makeup with a pair of (imitation) diamond earings, as they bring light to the face and brighten up the complexion!
Hope you guys enjoyed this tutorial!
Love you all and hopefully next time i see you i will be in my new Makeup Studio! (Though possible not!)
Ok love ya bye xx
Oh, P.S; If you wanna see me create this look in person (ish) then here’s a link to the video: